Winter season is meant to be spent at home. This season also demands comfort, warmth and good food over a cozy dinner with your family and friends. You must have the healthy essence of perfect cauliflower soup along with other dishes to keep you warm in the winter.
Cauliflower will easily get along with meat and other veggies to provide you with a wide range of culinary possibilities.
Here are two easy to make Cauliflower soup recipes which you must try at home this winter.
Cauliflower Corn Soup:
Make your winter taste delicious with Cauliflower Corn Soup. This dish has a gorgeous, thick and creamy texture that will make you fall for it!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup corn
- 1 slice of Bread
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp cashew nut paste
- 2 glasses water
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the sliced onions and stir well.
- Add the garlic and cauliflower florets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cashew nut paste and stir well.
- Add corn and water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Reduce the flame to a medium
- Let it cook until the veggies get tender.
- Allow the preparation to cool.
- Pour the veggie preparation in a blender and add the slice of bread.
- Blend it well until you get a smooth paste.
- Now transfer the paste into a pan and put it on the stove.
- Add milk, black pepper powder, fresh cream, sugar, and salt as per taste and cook it on a medium flame.
- Pour the preparation in a bowl.
- Garnish with crushed corn and serve.
Creamy Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup:
If you do not mind putting on some extra weight this winter you must try this creamy sweet potato cauliflower soup! The creamy soup is yummy and satisfying.
- 2 pounds peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 pounds cauliflower, (remove the stem and chop)
- 4 green onions
- 5 peeled and smashed garlic cloves
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 2 chopped stalks celery
- 1 peeled and sliced carrot
- 5-ounce reduced sodium chicken broth (3 cans)
- 2 cups alternative milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Bacon bits/ shredded cheese (as per taste)
- In a large saucepan mix all ingredients except milk and flour.
- Cover the pan with a lid and put it on the stove to boil.
- Cook it until veggies get tender.
- Whisk together milk and flour in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add this mixture into the pan and stir well with the veggies.
- Keep cooking until the soup has thickened.
- Now transfer the preparation into a blender and blend until it is smooth.
- Garnish it with bacon bits and shredded cheese.
- Serve it when hot.
To make your dish perfect it is important that you buy the best cauliflower from the market. Cauliflower can get soggy so make sure you cook it carefully.
Here are a few things that you should remember:
- Never choose a discolored cauliflower.
- Make sure all its florets are white.
- Make sure the stem, florets, and leaves are fresh.
- Break the florets into the smaller portion to speed up cooking.
- Avoid overcooking.